I'm very proud to reveal the table of contents for the new volume of The Best of British Fantasy.
The Best of British Fantasy 2019 contains two dozen tales of the weird and wonderful: featuring pensive houses, angry gods, ghosts, monsters, living statues, were-creatures, sorcerers, swordsmen, spells, skeletons, and, of course, the end of the world.
Table of contents:
- Leila Aboulela - "Competing Before the King" (Extra Teeth)
- Nick Adams - "Demolition" (Tales from the Shadow Booth)
- Jess Brough - "Thank God in the Acknowledgements" (Extra Teeth)
- Christopher Caldwell -" Canst Thou Draw Out the Leviathan" (Uncanny)
- Eliza Chan - "Joss Papers for Porcelain Ghosts" (Pareidolia)
- Matt Dovey - "Why Aren't Millennials Continuing Traditional Worship of the Elder Dark?" (Diabolical Plots)
- Chikodili Emelumadu - "Sin Eater" (Omenana)
- Melanie Harding-Shaw - "The Fisher" (Newsroom)
- Liz Jones - "The Redemption of Billy Zane" (The Green Room [Comma])
- Kirsty Logan - "Birds Fell From the Sky and Each One Spoke in Your Voice" (Things We Say in the Dark [Harvill Secker])
- Tim Major - "O Cul-de-Sac" (And the House Lights Dim [Luna])
- Helen McClory - "A Manual for Avoiding Further Harm from [Redacted]" (Paper Darts)
- Maura McHugh - "Wake the Dead" (The Boughs Withered [NewCon])
- Dafydd McKimm - "The Colossus Stops" (Daily Science Fiction)
- Tom Offland - "A Few Things I Miss About Skeletons" (Visions)
- Karen Onojaife - "Tilt" (The Outcast Hours [Solaris])
- Heather Parry - "Mr Fox" (We Were Always Here: A Queer Words Anthology [404 Ink])
- Den Patrick - "Timekeeper's Tarot" (Legends III [NewCon]) [Limited Edition only]
- Gareth E. Rees - "Tyrannosaurs Bask in the Warmth of the Asteroid" (An Invite to Eternity [Calque])
- Sara Saab - "Burrowing Machines" (The Dark)
- E Saxey - "No Children" (Corvid Queen)
- Natalia Theodoridou - "What It Sounds Like When You Fall" (Nightmare)
- Lavie Tidhar - "Dem Bones" (Strange Horizons)
- Eleanor R. Wood - "What the Sea Reaps, We Must Provide" (Diabolical Plots)
Cover art by Jonathan E.
Edited by Jared Shurin
The Best of British Fantasy 2019 will be published later this year by NewCon Publishing. It will be available as a paperback, ebook and fancy limited edition hardcover, with copies available through all major booksellers.
An additional fifty 'recommended reads' can be found here. These are also listed in the book itself.